Tiger Woods turned down an offer of between $700 million and $800 million to enter the LIV Golf Invitational Series,
LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman confirmed in an interview that aired Monday night.
Appearing on an episode of Tucker Carlson Tonight
Norman said LIV Golf reached out to Woods, a 15-time major champion, before he was named general manager and commissioner of the new circuit.
LIV Golf Invitational Series event at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey. "Look, Tiger is a needle mover, right
So of course you have to select the best. Tiger was originally approached before I became CEO.
Woods, 46, has been among the PGA Tour's most outspoken supporters
during LIV Golf's ongoing battle for the world's best players. At the Open Championship in St. Andrews told Woods last month
that he supported the R&A's decision not to invite Norman, a two-time winner of the event, to the 150th celebration of The Open.
"Obviously the R&A has its views, its decisions and its decisions," Woods said. "Greg is doing some things that I don't think are in the best interest of our game.